Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saving Moolah

I recently started super-couponing. For those of you not familiar with this term, it refers to consumers who use coupons for just about everything their family needs - some claim to save 90% of their yearly grocery bill.

Like my mom, I have always used coupons. I had to save money when I needed to feed three growing boys on a budget. Now I've decided to take this to the next level. Below are three photos from my shopping this week.


I shopped at Target and spent $15.94 and saved $22.30. I used Target Coupons and paired them with manufacturers coupons, saving 58%.


This is from Walgreen. I spent $9.01, I saved $9.98 and got $5.50 back in Register Rewards that can be used on my next Walgreen's purchase. I used a combination of coupons and advertised specials. When you include the register receipts, I saved 63%.


My last trip this week was to Publix. I spent $47.72 and saved $59.84. This is only a savings percentage of 56% but one of the items I purchased was a $50 gas card! I spent less than the value of the gas card and got everything else too!

As I continue to learn the process, I will pass on tips to you to help you save. I expect my savings percentages to increase as I grow. Why pay full price for anything if you don't have to?

My first tip: Buy more that one Sunday paper when there are coupons, but always in even numbers. Most stores will allow you to use two coupons when they have buy one get one free specials. Don't cut out every coupon - that takes too much time. I'll share more on organization and how to maximize your savings in later posts. If you have questions now, just email me or leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer.

Now, I'm off to make homemade strawberry ice cream - you'll see how this turns out in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! so far so good - love how you scored that gas card, that is the way to work it.

    ReplyDelete