Monday, April 5, 2010

The First Step

A few days ago I posted a status on FB about a decision I've made. This is it - my first blog.

Many of you know that the past 1 1/2 years has been full of changes for me and my family. One of the changes was the loss of my job. Because of life happening and the crazy economy I remain unemployed. I decided to find things to do while I'm waiting for God to open up the next window and the idea for this blog was born.

A Little Bit will cover a little bit of everything. How to maximize your grocery dollar. Parenthood. Friendship. Entertaining. Cooking. I think I only know two people personally who blog - LisaE, and CathyB - so I decided to start one to share information that my friends near and far can use to improve their lives and their bottom lines. Maybe we will share a laugh about our relationships and our children. That's my hope anyway. I'm sure you all will let me know how I'm doing.

I have always loved to shop. My mom taught me to shop with a purpose and to get the best possible price on everything. I've always used coupons, but recently started super-couponing. First it was just to see if I really could get items that my family uses for free or next to nothing. When I realized it really works, I decided to pass on what I learn and to donate any items I am able to get for free that is over and above what we use.

I'll also be sharing ideas for entertaining, party planning, and cooking all of which I love to do. I may also use this blog to vent/share the trials and joys of motherhood. I hope you all decide to go on this journey with me. Together we can change our lives and the lives of those around us.

Lastly for now, a special thanks to Mr. B who has been pushing me to do this for a while. I love you babe.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new ventures, can't wait to see how the super couponing works out. Nice photo also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures! Yippie, another blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal,

    I got into this a few years ago--fallen 'off the wagon' so to speak. Are you familiar with "The Tightwad Gazette" by Amy Dacyczyn? I have a couple of her books, that I could mail to you, if you'd like to have them. You can contact me on Facebook via email if you are interested in them. They are sitting on my bookshelf.

    A website I recommend is
    http://www.freecycle.org which helps you recycle your items, or look for things you need. I've given away lots of things there.

    My hubby was out of work for 2 months and it was SO hard on us, financially. Luckily, it came at a time when the spousal support for his exwife ended, so that helped him stay out of arrears for his son's child support payments. WHEW! My mother was able to assist us financially which we were very lucky to have that. Otherwise, we would have been sucking our savings dry and putting things on the credit card, which I'm TRYING to pay off!

    Good luck with your endeavor. Let me know about the book offer!

    Jann Hunsicker Schott

    ReplyDelete